LEARNING TOOLS FOR THE 21st CENTURY
At Carraragarmungee technology is seamlessly integrated into everyday classroom learning as a tool to enhance student learning.
The Digital Technologies curriculum enables students to become confident and creative developers of digital solutions through the application of information systems and specific ways of thinking about problem solving.
The Digital Technologies curriculum encourages students to be discerning decision makers by considering different ways of managing the interactions between digital systems, people, data and processes (information systems) and weighing up the possible benefits and potential risks for society and the environment.
In Digital Technologies, our students are actively engaged in the processes of analysing problems and opportunities, designing, developing and evaluating digital solutions, and creating and sharing information that meets a range of current and future needs.
Students learn to safely and ethically exploit the capacity of information systems to create digital solutions. These solutions and information are created through the application of computational, design and systems thinking, and technical skills.
The Digital Technologies curriculum aims to ensure that students can:
- Design, create, manage and evaluate sustainable and innovative digital solutions to meet and redefine current and future needs.
- Use computational thinking and the key concepts of abstraction; data collection, representation and interpretation; specification, algorithms and development to create digital solutions.
- Apply systems thinking to monitor, analyse, predict and shape the interactions within and between information systems and the impact of these systems on individuals, societies, economies and environments.
- Confidently use digital systems to efficiently and effectively automate the transformation of data into information and to creatively communicate ideas in a range of settings.
- Apply protocols and legal practices that support safe, ethical and respectful communications and collaboration with known and unknown audiences.